In our daily lives, it’s hard to find time to do the dishes or take out the garbage. Our plates are so overloaded, inspecting the roof doesn’t even come to mind. However, when you own a home, it is one of the most important things that you need to keep an eye on. The roof protects the interior of your home from the elements and making sure that it is in good condition could help save you tons of money. If you don’t have time for an inspection or you feel in “over your head” (sorry!), Roofmaster is here to help.
5 Signs Your Roof Needs Repair
Whether you examine your roof or you hire Roofmaster to professionally inspect it, scheduling regular inspections is critical to saving you money and protecting the integrity of your home. Here are five signs your roof may need repair:
1. When you look up at your roof, do the shingles at the edge appear to be curling up? This is a bad sign and indicates that there is some damage to the shingles that are in place. If the shingles are curling up there could be damage where the gutter connect to the house and the wood underneath will need to be replaced underneath if not addressed immediately.
2. Did you recently find a shingle laying in your yard? Sometimes wind can lift a shingle completely off the roof. When this happens a bare spot is left where the shingle used to be. You will need to find that spot and immediately replace the shingle before the other shingles around it start to fall off as well.
3. Do you notice a small leak around your chimney or any other type of pipe or vent? If you do you will immediately need to get up on the roof and find a way to repair around the leak. There are a lot of different compounds on the market that help seal around these areas on your roof so that you can avoid damage from the elements.
4. When you clean your gutters are you noticing a lot of sediment from the shingles? The sediment from shingles will look and feel like sand. If you are finding a lot of this in the gutters it typically means that the shingles are showing advanced sign of wear and tear. It may be time to consider getting estimates to replace the entire roof.
5. When you get up on the roof to inspect it are a lot of the shingles cracked or torn? While it may seem like you have no other option other than to replace it, you can opt for a cheaper alternative and simply replace the shingles that are showing significant wear on them. This is as simple as buying a bundle that matches the shingles that are already in place and carefully removing the old, worn out shingles.
While most people think that they need to spend a lot of money to replace a roof after they find wear and tear, there are easier and more cost-effective alternatives. By inspecting your roof at least two times a year you can help avoid significant damage and cost. Roofmaster will inspect your roof and come up with solutions that protect the integrity of your home and make sense for your budget.